- I leave my classroom very organized. Everything has to come out of our rooms, but I get to leave my things in my bookshelves, desk drawer, and cabinets. I make sure everything is cleaned out and organized before I leave for summer break, and then I cover it all with old sheets so it doesn't get dusty.
- We are held to a pretty strict copy limit, so if I can find a way to make some copies for next year I'll get started. I'll try to get my data notebooks and beginning of the year forms ready.
- I'm pretty excited about this one-shop! I love, love, love shopping for back to school items.
- I take home my lesson plan folders and working on formally modify my lesson plans. They always have notes and writing all over them after I teach my lessons, but I never have time to make the formal changes until summer.
- I try to focus on one major thing I want to improve on for the next year. For me, I want to develop an enrichment unit for each of my social studies unit. These changes help keep things fresh and exciting for me.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
I am so guilty of already thinking about next year, but I do believe that all of the time I put in over the summer really makes a difference during the year. Time For Kindergarten is hosting a linky party to share some of our ideas on ways to stay organized. Here are some of the things I do to make the new school year easier. I can't wait to learn some new ideas from others!