Common Core Standards Posters

This summer I have loved visiting other teachers’ blogs and learning from their amazing ideas.  One of my favorites is Mrs. Jump’s Class, because she is incredibly talented and creative.  A couple of weeks ago, she shared how she displayed the Common Core Standards in her classroom, and I was blown away!  I’ve always been so unhappy with the way I’ve posted my standards, but this was actually cute and easy.  She made a set of standards for K and 1st, and when asked about making more for the upper grades, she said that she wouldn’t be able to.  I contacted Deanna and asked if I could use her idea to make a set for 3rd grade, and she said YES!  Woo Hoo!!!  I’m so excited about using this idea next year!

You can hang these posters and standards on a bulletin board or on your wall, and the standards attach with Velcro, so you can easily change them out as you teach.

I’ve made the posters in 4 different styles for reading, writing, language arts, math, literacy centers, science, and social studies.  I’ve also made the standards for reading, writing, language arts, and math.  There are no Common Core science and social studies standards yet, but I included the Georgia Performance Standards and will add the Common Core if they are ever created.

You can check out a preview by clicking the link.
Ashleigh

Comments

1. says

Wow Ashleigh that is great! Is Georgia going to common core standards this year for third grade? I am in Florida and they are saying we have a couple of years still. I think only Kindergarten is making the transition this year. I will definitely visit your TpT store as soon as I hear because your documents look fabulous. Thank you so much for doing all that work and then being willing to share your creation. You rock!

2. says

Thank you so much! That just made my day!

This is supposed to be a "training" year for us. I'm not exactly sure what the means though. I'm going to try to blend my Georgia standards and CC together this year, so I've made some Georgia specific cards for some of the gaps that I'll have to use this year.

3. says

Love the standards posters. I teach in Tn and common core hasn't been adopted for 3rd grade yet. Any way I could use your template to do TN standards or would you be willing to do them? Thanks!!

4. says

OH MY GOODNESS! I will be purchasing those standards from you! We adopted the common core last year, and I was a "trainer" for the Language Arts portion. As a second year teacher I was pretty intimidated, but for all of you who are just now adopting the standards, they are great, and they are much easier to use and align than my state standards [Delaware] are! Thank you thank you thank you! I'll be posting your product in my blog ASAP!

5. says

Ashleigh,

Was wondering if you might consider doing another grade level? i'm also in Georgia… but I teach 4th grade… just thought I'd ask.

The posters look GREAT
    Stacy

6. says

Dixiedelight,

I would make them, but I know another sellers has them already, and I don't want to step on any toes. I'll send you the link if I come across it though!

7. says

I was wondering just like everyone else, if you will be doing other grade levels (5th). I love your products and can't wait to get my own set. Thanks for all you do!