National Park Interdisciplinary Study
Last year I was talking to my class about Old Faithful and was shocked to discover that not one of my third graders had ever even heard of Old Faithful. I started questioning them about popular sites such as The Grand Canyon of the Smokey Mountains. That really bothered me, and I knew I wanted to expose my students to our National Parks, but they were no where in our standards. That's when I decided to create this interdisciplinary unit that incorporated reading, writing, and math standards. I used this with my third graders at the end of the year, and they loved it! I hope you enjoy it too!
Visit These Websites To Continue Your Cyber Search!
- Laura Candler Teaching Resources
- Tracey Graham Smart Chick Teacher
- Lisa Frase Effective Teaching Solutions
- Rachel Lynette Minds in Bloom
- Charity Preston The Organized Classroom Blog
- Jennifer Runde Runde's Room
- Wise Guys Teaching Activities, Lesson Plans, and Units
- Karla Banks Life in Special Education
- Heather Kaiser The Teched Out Teacher
- Rosshalde Pak Education Shortlist
- PowerPoint Maniac PowerPoint Maniac's Teaching Resources
- Nyla Phillips-Martin Nyla's Crafty Teaching