- Every student has the right to learn something new each day
- Gifted students are typically the students who make the least gains during the year
- Many of our gifted students are not straight A students, because they are non-compliant, because they don't see the purpose or value in their classwork
- Gifted students usually make the most gains when they work with students of a similar ability
- Offering independent studies and choices are great ways to differentiate
The rest of my units are organized in a variety of ways, but they each offer students choices in the assignments they complete and all of the tasks pull from the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy. I made direction sheets for each of the activities, so it should be easy for students to complete the tasks independently.
I plan to assess students' work through a rubric that I created.