Memory Books

Last night as I was supposedly working on lesson plans, I kept staring at my computer screen.  I’d check my email, look at Facebook, check a blog or two, and then stare some more.  I just couldn’t think of anything I wanted to do this week!  We’re wrapping up our Olympics unit and mass unit, and I don’t think I want to start anything brand new with only 13 days left (not that I’m counting).   I wanted to do some out of the ordinary things that didn’t require a ton of preparation and materials.  After wasting more time than I care to admit, I finally gave up and called it a night.  Thankfully the creative juices hit this morning, and I’ve thought of some exciting ways to culminate the school year, and I’ll be sure share over the next couple of weeks.

My first project to get finished is a class memory book.  I’m printing my books tonight wanted to share what I’ve made with you.  There are 14 pages for students to complete, so I’m hoping to have my students complete two pages a day for the remainder of the year.  I’m printing my memory books as a booklet, so I don’t have to use a gazillion sheets of paper.  I think you’ll only need for pages per student if you print it as a booklet.  Just click <here> for your copy!

Ashleigh

Comments

1. says

This is adorable. Was going to make almost the same thing for a good friend, but now I will pass this on to her. Love it.

April @ ideaback.blogspot.com

2. says

Hi Ashleigh! I just checked out your blog and I love all of your stuff! You were the very first person to comment on my blog when I first created it in September. I updated it and started to blog within the past week or so and I am falling in love with it. If you have the time come by and check it out again at http://owlinspireyou.blogspot.com/

By the way, awesome end of the year packet. I love it and I reposted it on my blog :)

3. says

Jess,

I used Word to make the memory book, and all of the graphics were from letteringdelights.com

Thank you everyone! I'm anxious to see what my students write.

4. says

Ashleigh,

I love your stuff! Thanks so much for sharing. Could you tell me which package the kid graphics come from on letteringdelights? I couldn't find the little beasts!

5. says

Super cute. I mentioned your activity in my blog post tonight. I also created an end of the year activity. It is a "School Year Survival Guide." Please check it out.

~April @ ideabackpack.blogspot.com

6. says

Desiree,

I just checked out the site and didn't see the pictures either. The name of the collection is "Silly Kids". I bought it last summer, so it may be discontinued, which is too bad, because it's one of my favorites!

7. says

Thank you SO much for sharing! I'm working with my fifth graders on dream houses and floorplans, and I have a few who will be finished tomorrow. We still have 4 days next week, so this will be perfect for them! Again, thank you!!!!!!!!!

8. says

I must say you have a god gifted art. It is looking original when i first saw it i thought it was a picture. Amazing art you have.I wish you best of luck for your book. If you will be successful then you should work for UK assignment so we can get some benefit by it

9. says

Writing a great term paper is an art because you must have information about so many things. You should know how to make subtle arrangements in your timetable – it is mainly because a term paper will come at the end of your term when you will have so many other things to take care of. Your post may be helpful for this.