2013 Professional Goals
- Don't sweat the small stuff-I may have to remind myself of this one every day. I've got to relax and just do what I know how to do. I get so caught up in following mandates, curriculum maps, standards, and all the extra stuff. I just need to worry about my students and my instruction.
- Keep fighting-Even though I'm going to let go of the little things. I have to fight even harder for the big things, mainly my students. I want to do every single thing I can to provide the best education possible for each child in my classroom.
- Be positive-Send home one positive note or make one positive phone call a day. It's so easy for me to pick up the phone when someone's misbehaving, but I need to remember that positive feedback is important too.
- Try something new-I want to give some new techniques and/or lessons a try. I don't want to ever become closed minded and unwilling to try new approaches.
- Don't freak out when it comes to testing-Now some teachers may have no trouble with this, and I wish I didn't, but I get so worried about testing every year around the middle of February. It's one thing to take them seriously and to prepare students, but it's another thing to literally make yourself sick over something like testing. I'll just do the best I can and let that be that.
2013 Personal Goals
- Be in the now-I'm always looking ahead at what I need to do and reflecting on what I should have done differently. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I don't want to miss out on the present.
- Priorities-I need to keep my priorities straight, not just in my head, but in my actions and the time I place into them. I definitely need to spend less time on the computer.
- Have fun-I'm such a worker bee that I sometimes find it hard to stop relax and just have fun. This year I want to work a little less and play a little more.
- Be more healthy-This wouldn't be a real resolution list if I didn't include eat right and exercise. I really do want to improve in this area though. Those last five pounds of baby weight apparently don't just fall off.
- Travel-I want to go somewhere I've never been before this year. Right now, warm and sunny sounds great!
2013 TpT/Blogging Goals
- Blog once a week-It's been hard to blog while I've been out on maternity leave, but I'll be back in the swing of things next week. I really, really want to be a more consistent blogger.
- Take pictures-I am awful about not taking pictures. I get so caught up in whatever I'm doing that I totally forget to get out the camera. I need to just put my camera on my desk every day and have it ready!
- More interaction-I'd love to spend more time interacting with other teachers and bloggers. I can't think of a better way to learn from each other!
When I return to school next week, I want to get back into the groove of things with several of the activities from my New Year Goals product. I didn't get to use all of this last year, so I really want to try to squeeze in as many of the activities as possible. Everything's been updated for 2013, so I'm ready to go!