Help students to develop a conceptual understanding of perimeter and area.
This 15-day third grade math unit makes teaching perimeter and area a blast! There is a standard unit of measurement and a metric version.
Your students will love the engaging activities and worksheets that teach the concept of area and perimeter. In the resource you will find hands-on activities that incorporate concrete, pictorial, and abstract representations of area and perimeter.
The detailed lessons are clear and easy to follow. The organization of this unit will save you time and the headache of looking for cohesive lessons.
There are four area only lessons, four perimeter only lessons, and six lessons with a combination of perimeter and area.
- Pg. 4-5 Pattern Block Perimeter
- Pg. 6-7 Find the Perimeter (skills practice)
- Pg. 8 Perimeter Game
- Pg. 9 Perimeter Models
- Pg. 10-11 Class Garden
- Pg. 12-13 Draw the Perimeter
- Pg. 14-15 Perimeter Exploration
- Pg. 16-17 Find the Missing Side
- Pg. 18-19 Editable Perimeter and Area
- Pg. 20-21 Perimeter Practice
- Pg. 22-25 Pentomino Area and Perimeter
- Pg. 26-27 Find the Area
- Pg. 28-38 Perimeter and Area Puzzles
- Pg. 39 Area Models
- Pg. 40-41 Spaghetti and Meatballs for All
- Pg. 42-43 Draw the Area
- Pg. 44-51 Area and Perimeter Task Cards
- Pg. 52-53 Find the Missing Side
- Pg. 54-56 Design a Carnival
- Pg. 57-58 Area Practice
- Pg. 59-60 Ordering Rectangles
- Pg. 61-62 Find the Perimeter and Area
- Pg. 63-66 Using Different Manipulatives
- Pg. 67-68 Area and Perimeter Sort
- Pg. 69-70 Area is Additive
- Pg. 71-72 Area and Perimeter Word Problems
- Pg. 73 Area and Perimeter Game
- Pg. 74-75 Area is Additive
- Pg. 76-81 Area and Perimeter Robot
- Pg. 82 Perimeter of the School
Total Pages: 82 each (standard and metric versions included)
File Size: 30.5 MB
Be sure to check out these other math units!
Common Core Standards Multiplication & Division Unit
No Prep Area and Perimeter
There are no reviews yet.