Help your students to develop a conceptual understanding of decimals with this four week decimal unit!
Fourth Grade Math Unit 6
With this decimal resource, students will develop an understanding of decimals and general number sense. The unit allows students to understand how decimals relate to fractions, how to read and draw decimal models, as well as how to compare decimals.
This product includes four weeks of math instruction that is written in an easy to follow format. The lessons are written to give students a solid foundation of the concept of decimals through engaging and hands-on lessons. In this unit you will find performance tasks to conceptually teach new skills through the workshop model, as well as work station activities, decimal printables, and games for review.
This individual unit is also available in my 4th Grade Math Bundle.
- Unit at a Glance
- 20 Lesson Plans that include performance tasks
- 20 Skill Building Worksheets
- Answer Keys
Table of Contents
Pg. 3 Teacher Notes
Pg. 4-9 Lesson 1-Reviewing Place Value 10 to 1 Relationship
Pg. 10-11 SP-Value of a Digit
Pg. 12-15 Lesson 2-Role of the Decimal Point
Pg. 16-17 SP-Shade the Fraction
Pg. 18-19 Lesson 3-Fractions to Decimals
Pg. 20-21 SP-Shade the Decimal
Pg. 22-24 Lesson 4-Four in a Row
Pg. 25-26 SP-Forms of Decimals
Pg. 27-28 Lesson 5-Decimals to Fractions
Pg. 29 SP-Spin the Decimal
Pg. 30-31 Lesson 6-Fractions to Decimals
Pg. 32-33 SP-Writing Fractions as Decimals
Pg. 34-35 Lesson 7-Fractions to Decimals Continued
Pg. 36-37 SP-Writing Fractions as Decimals
Pg. 38-40 Lesson 8-Estimating With a Hundredth Disc
Pg. 41-42 SP-Writing Fractions as Decimals
Pg. 43-44 Lesson 9-Decimals on a Number Line
Pg. 45-46 SP-Identifying Decimals
Pg. 47-48 Lesson 10-Friendly Fractions
Pg. 49-50 SP-Drawing Decimals
Pg. 51-54 Lesson 11-Best Match
Pg. 55-56 SP-Comparing Decimals With Models
Pg. 57-59 Lesson 12-Line Up the Decimals
Pg. 60-61 SP-Comparing Decimals With Models
Pg. 62-63 Lesson 13-Nice Numbers
Pg. 64-65 SP-Comparing Decimals
Pg. 66-69 Lesson 14-Decimal War
Pg. 70-71 SP-Comparing Decimals
Pg. 72-74 Lesson 15-Decimal Pictures
Pg. 75-76 SP-Ordering Decimals
Pg. 77-79 Lesson 16-Decimal Models
Pg. 80-81 SP-Adding Fractions Part 1
Pg. 82-83 Lesson 17-Decimal Scavenger Hunt
Pg. 84-85 SP-Adding Fractions Part 2
Pg. 86-87 Lesson 18-Dog Sitting Services
Pg. 88-89 SP-Adding Fractions Part 3
Pg. 90-92 Lesson 19-Decimal Match
Pg. 93-94 SP-Adding Decimals
Pg. 95-97 Lesson 20-Decimal Problem Solving
Pg. 98-99 SP-Decimal Practice
Check out these other 4th Grade Math Units!
- Unit 1 Place Value and Rounding Unit
- Unit 2 Addition and Subtraction Unit
- Unit 3 Multiplication Unit
- Unit 4 Division Unit
- Unit 5 Fraction Unit
- Unit 6 Decimal Unit
- Unit 7 Geometry Unit
- Unit 8 Measurement Unit
- 4.NF.5. Express a fraction with denominator 10 as an equivalent fraction with denominator 100, and use this technique to add two fractions with respective denominators 10 and 100.4 For example, express 3/10 as 30/100, and add 3/10 + 4/100 = 34/100.
- 4.NF.6. Use decimal notation for fractions with denominators 10 or 100. For example, rewrite 0.62 as 62/100; describe a length as 0.62 meters; locate 0.62 on a number line diagram.
- 4.NF.7. Compare two decimals to hundredths by reasoning about their size. Recognize that comparisons are valid only when the two decimals refer to the same whole. Record the results of comparisons with the symbols >, =, or <, and justify the conclusions, e.g., by using a visual model.
Lessons Include: standard, materials, mini lesson, work time, closing, intervention, extension, essential questions, and formative assessments.
Total Pages: 102
File Size: 15 MB
There are no reviews yet.