Help your students to develop a conceptual understanding of place value and develop number sense with this two week place value unit! The unit allows students to understand how to read and write numbers in written, standard, and expanded form, as well as understand the value and place value of numbers. The ten lessons in this lesson focus on problem solving with place value.
This third grade place value unit includes a large variety of items you need to teach place value and includes games that would be perfect for math work stations. There are 3 assessments, 10 skill based worksheets, 10 engaging activities, 3 games, and answer keys. Everything you need to teach place value and representing numbers is included in this unit! All worksheets and activities are aligned to the common core standards but can be used with any state standards. This lessons are highly conceptual and include several hands-on experiences. This is perfect for math workshop or guided math!
Check out these other third grade math units!
Fun With Perimeter and Area
Shiver Me Measurement
Common Core Standards Multiplication & Division Unit
- Pg. 5-8-Pretest
- Pg. 9-10-Posttest in standardized test format
Daily Lessons and Performance Tasks
- Pg. 12-13-Place Value Pictures
- Pg. 14-15-I Spy a Number
- Pg. 16-17-In Other Words
- Pg. 18-23-Place Value Puzzles
- Pg. 24-25-Number War
- Pg. 26-30-Place Value Number Lines
- Pg. 31-34-Building Numbers
- Pg. 35-36-Spin a Number
- Pg. 37-38-Place Value Riddles
- Pg. 39-40-Place Value Scavenger Hunt
- Pg. 41-42-Building Base Ten
- Skill Building Worksheets
- Pg. 44-45-Representing Numbers and Place Value
- Pg. 46-47-Place Value Check Up
- Pg. 48-49-Representing Numbers
- Pg. 50-51-Working With Numbers
- Pg. 52-53-Place Value Review
- Pg. 54-55-Place Value Practice
- Pg. 56-57-Reviewing Place Value
- Pg. 58-59-Place Value Sort
- Pg. 60-Create Your Own Number System
- Pg. 61-69-I Have Who Has Place Value
- Pg. 70-73-Place Value Concentration
- Pg. 74-77 Who Can Make It?