Help your students to develop a conceptual understanding of place value and develop number sense with this two week place value unit!
The unit allows students to understand how to read and write numbers in written, standard, and expanded form, as well as understand the value and place value of numbers.
This third grade place value unit includes everything you need to teach place value and includes games perfect for math centers. You’ll access detailed lesson plans written in a teacher-friendly format. The lessons are highly conceptual and include several hands-on experiences. They have been designed to include a balance of concrete, pictorial, and abstract representations and instruction.
- Pg. 5-8 Pretest
- Pg. 9-10 Posttest in standardized test format
Daily Lessons and Performance Tasks
- Pg. 12-13 Place Value Pictures
- Pg. 14-15 I Spy a Number
- Pg. 16-17 In Other Words
- Pg. 18-23 Place Value Puzzles
- Pg. 24-25 Number War
- Pg. 26-30 Place Value Number Lines
- Pg. 31-34 Building Numbers
- Pg. 35-36 Spin a Number
- Pg. 37-38 Place Value Riddles
- Pg. 39-40 Place Value Scavenger Hunt
- Pg. 41-42 Building Base Ten
Skill Building Worksheets
- Pg. 44-45 Representing Numbers and Place Value
- Pg. 46-47 Place Value Check Up
- Pg. 48-49 Representing Numbers
- Pg. 50-51 Working With Numbers
- Pg. 52-53 Place Value Review
- Pg. 54-55 Place Value Practice
- Pg. 56-57 Reviewing Place Value
- Pg. 58-59 Place Value Sort
- Pg. 60 Create Your Own Number System
- Pg. 61-69 I Have Who Has Place Value
- Pg. 70-73 Place Value Concentration
- Pg. 74-77 Who Can Make It?
Total Pages: 98
File Size: 15 MB
Check out these other third grade math units!
Fun With Perimeter and Area
Shiver Me Measurement
Common Core Standards Multiplication & Division Unit