No materials? No worries! This is available as a physical version and a digital version. This means you don’t need any locks or boxes to complete this Christmas activity! In this Christmas version, students were accidentally placed on the naughty list and must find their way to the nice list.
Escape rooms and breakout classrooms have found their way into today’s elementary classroom! They are such a great way to increase student engagement and to promote collaborative learning. This holiday escape activity is a perfect way to celebrate with FUN end of the year activities.
Here’s what’s included:
- Teacher Directions: including a link to a detailed blog post with example set-up pictures.
- Student Directions: easy to understand and student friendly.
- Clue 1: To prove that you belong on the nice list, you’ll need to sing a few Christmas carols. Decipher the picture clues to determine which 12 carols to sing. Write the title of the song that each card represents on your recording sheet.
- Clue 2: Santa accidentally jumbled up his Christmas list. Help him by finding the hidden words on the list. The letters that are NOT used will give you the next clue
- Clue 3: Help Santa find what number goes at the top of his tree. You should add side-by-side numbers and write the sum of those numbers on the hexagon above that number. The number at the top is your code!
- Clue 4: To help Santa organize his supplies, you need to match the Christmas items on the Christmas puzzle. To complete the 3-by-3 puzzle, you should reconstruct the squares so that all of the images match on every interior side. Remember, you are making a square. Once you complete the puzzle, use the top three images and the decoder wheel to crack the code!
- These puzzles are not specific to any standard or grade level. Instead, this version is centered around critical thinking skills.
This can be used with Breakout Edu boxes or with your own boxes and locks. If you do not have boxes and locks, you may use the digital version, where students submit their answers on Google Forms.
Total Pages: 18
File Size: 22 MB